Founded in 1977 by entrepreneur Vittorio Moretti, Bellavista is nowadays one of the most refined and elegant classic method sparkling wines of Italy; synonymous with timeless Italian lifestyle and class.
- Bellavista winery owns almost 200 hectares of vineyards, divided in 147 parcels, throughout 10 municipalities in the Franciacorta area.
- The Estate not only comprises the vineyards, but also L’Albereta Relais & Châteaux, a gourmet restaurant and a renowned spa.
- Each vineyard is harvested and fermented separately, then elevated in small French oak barriques, to enhance the natural expression of the different terroirs.
- All activities are performed manually to guarantee the utmost attention to detail; from hand picking to manual remuage.
- The name “Bellavista”, in Italian “beautuful view”, derives from the spectacular property position, on a high hill overlooking Lake Iseo.
- In 1981 Vittorio Moretti met the talented oenologist Mattia Vezzola, whose work was paramount to the definition of Bellavista style and in 2007 Vezzola was named “Oenologist of the year” by Gambero Rosso – Slow Food.
- At the winery, every action aims at respecting nature and achieving elegance, enjoyability and longevity, distinctive yet recognizable in every harvest.