Starting with only few hectares of property in the Chianti Classico area, Antonio Zaccheo and Giovanni Sacchet (as winemaker) established the Carpineto winery in 1967. Today Carpineto is one of the most prominent wineries in Tuscany.
- 5 estates, 430 hectares of land (half of them cultivated with vineyards) in the most prestigious and representative appellations of Tuscany: Chianti Classico, Montalcino, Montepulciano and Maremma.
- Carpineto’s outstanding achievement was to own and directly manage wineries and vineyards in extremely diversed areas of the region with outstanding results in terms of quality and consistency.
- Carpineto boasts 3 facilities for vinification and bottling, strategically located on the various estates.
- Some Carpineto labels, like Dogajolo, the “baby Super Tuscan” became iconic wines in important international markets like the United States.
- Antonio Zaccheo has been a pioneer in travelling and promoting quality Tuscan wines in the North American markets back in the early 1970s. Today, the brand is exported in more than 70 countries all over the world.