Le Vigne di Zamò
The Zamò family started in the 1970s with the production of wines in the Colli Orientali del Friuli area, a very renowned appellation in the northeastern region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia.
- 50 hectares located by the border between Italy and Slovenia, a vocated area for premium quality white wine production.
- Elevation varies between 300 and 450 meters above sea level.
- Leading producer of the Pinot Grigio in the “Ramato” style; traditional vinification method characterized by skin contact, which give the wine the typical red onionskin color.
- The climate is influenced by both the Alps and the near Adriatic Sea. This gives the wines their typical aromatic character and structure.
- Le Vigne di Zamò is dedicated to growing the traditional white varieties of the zone: Pinot Grigio, Friulano, Ribolla.
- The winery also focuses on Sauvignon Blanc, which was found to fit perfectly to conditions in the Colli Orientali del Friuli, resulting in a solid expression of aroma and flavor.
- Zamò production also includes some classy and full bodied red wines made with Merlot, and the indigenous Refosco and Pignolo grape varieties.