Poggio Antico winery is nestled high on the hills of Montalcino. The property comprises about 200 hectares of beautiful woods, fields, olive groves and 30 hectares of vineyards.
- Poggio Antico first production dates back to 1976.
- One of the highest producers of Brunello, with vineyards located at about 480 meters above sea level, facing south/ southwest.
- Dry, Mediterranean climate characterized by strong diurnal shift and steady Mediterranean breeze that reduces mold and mildew pressure.
- Rocky mineral soil, rich in galestro and macigno; good drainage and moisture retention.
- Sustainable agricultural practices, working towards organic certification. The cellar is located at the center of the vineyards, thus ensuring quick processing of the grapes.
- Boutique winery: low yields, hand pruning, hand harvest and careful selection of the grapes. Poggio Antico only uses grapes coming from its vineyards.
- All Poggio Antico wines are aged in the bottle longer than required by law and stored in the property’s naturally cool underground cellar to guarantee the utmost pleasure in the glass.
- Poggio Antico wines are rich in structure and extract, yet extremely balanced and elegant, key features to ensure drinkability and long ageing potential.