For North America: available in Canada only.
Meticulous work in the vineyard and in the winery, and the quest for the right balance between tradition and innovation made Saracco synonymous with excellence in Italian wines. It all started at the heart of the Moscato d’Asti area, in Castiglione Tinella.
- Founded in 1900 by Luigi Saracco, who started buying some of the best land for Moscato d’Asti; in 1986 Paolo Saracco took over the winery with a new vision and gathered up to 50 hectares of vineyards.
- The altitude of the vineyards varies between 280 to 500 meters above sea level; a unique feature for Moscato grape growers.
- The soil shows layers of sand and silt (grey clay) in the calcareous limestone; the ideal composition to enhance the fruity and floral aromas of Moscato d’Asti grapes.
- Saracco Moscato is the blend of indigenous Moscato Canelli grapes grown in 15 different Crus with 15 different soil compositions, altitudes and sun exposures.
- Each Cru’s grapes are manually harvested, then the juice is separately preserved and blended just before fermentation.
- The result is a complex yet perfect balance between sugars, acidity, minerality and primary aromas.
- Paolo Saracco’s vision and skills offer wine lovers in Italy and across the globe an authentic, fresh, and aromatic Moscato d’Asti, earning him the title of “Master of Moscato”.