Teruzzi winery was founded in 1974 by husband and wife Enrico Teruzzi and Carmen Puthod, in San Gimignano, Tuscany. From the beginning, Teruzzi has been renowned and recognized for its technological and planting innovations that have made its name as cutting edge producer. The winery has been part of the Terra Moretti Vino project since 2017.
- The Estate covers 180 hectares, about the half of which are planted with vineyards. Around 60 hectares are dedicated to the traditional Vernaccia vine, making Teruzzi the largest privately owned estate cultivating this grape variety.
- Teruzzi was the first Italian company to use the cold fermentation technique in the 1980s, thus creating a “modern, drinkable” Vernaccia.
- All the operations carried out within the winery are supervised by our oenologist Alberto Bramini, who has great experience in the viticultural industry and has been working in Tuscany for over 20 years.
- The passion and skill invested in every activity, from cultivation to vinification, is evident in the Teruzzi wines, which have been created to express, exalt and celebrate the Tuscan territory.
- The wines are aged in both stainless steel and wood: the winery has over 300 barriques (225 liters) of French oak and 70 tonneaux (500 liters) from the best producers and with different organoleptic features.
- On the labels, imaginary creatures and figures drawn from medieval documents and ornaments create a link between the history, heritage and future that make Teruzzi a one of a kind winery.