Ricasoli is the most representative wine producer in the Chianti Classico area. Baron Bettino Ricasoli brought the winery to fame in 1872 by creating the formula for Chianti wine, after 30 years of research.
- The history of the Ricasoli family has been linked to wine since 1141, when there is written testimony attesting that the Ricasoli family already possessed Brolio Castle.
- Today, the Estate and winery are led by Francesco Ricasoli, 32nd generation Baron of Brolio, who aims to constantly improve the quality and character of the great wines of Brolio.
- North of Siena, the Estate extends over 1200 hectares, of which 235 are planted to predominantly sangiovese.
- Ricasoli’s vineyards are all on hills, with altitudes ranging from 180 to 490 meters above sea level, mostly with a south/southwest exposure.
- Aware of the great potential of the Brolio terroir, Francesco Ricasoli was the first to desire a zonation of the lands cultivated as vineyards in the Chianti Classico area.
- The wines are the expression of research carried out with the same scientific rigor as his illustrious ancestor but with a contemporary spirit, like a runner receiving the baton and carrying it forward with renewed energy.
Wines from Ricasoli
92James Suckling 2017
Available in: Asia Pacific