Terrazze dell’Etna was founded in 2008 by Nino Bevilacqua, an engineer from Palermo incredibly passionate about this territory.
- The project began under the guidance of the renowned oenologist Riccardo Cotarella
- Five different plots of vineyards, locally called “contrade” for 36 hectares (89 acres) of vines and a new winery built in 2012 at 500 meters above sea level (1650 feet)
- Vineyards are located at an altitude between 650 and 950 meters above sea level (2150 and 3150 feet). The climate is cool and ventilated, characterized by consistent changes between day and night temperature
- The vines of Etna’s native Nerello Mascalese are devolved to the vinifi cation of the red wines Cirneco, Carusu and Cratere, as well as the white wine Ciuri, the result of the innovative vinification in white. Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes are to become the Classic Method of Etna, a tradition that dates back to the 1800, when the Spumanti were
known as “Champagne Etna”
- The minerality of the volcanic soil, the altitude and the scents of the sea give unique aromas, resulting in charming and elegant wines.