For North America: available in Canada only.
The origin of the Mirafiore winery is a love story between the first King of Italy Vittorio Emanuele II and the peasant Rosa Vercellana at the heart of the Barolo area. The Estate had been donated by the King himslelf to his illegitimate son Emanuele di Mirafiore.
- 25 hectares of property in Serralunga d’Alba.
- Elevation between 300 and 500 meters above sea level.
- Production at Mirafiore started in 1878, and the winery soon became an important name on the international wine market, with Barolo Mirafiore exported as far as the United States and Argentina.
- After almost 50 years of great growth and commercial success, the winery went through some serious financial troubles and the son of Emanuele di Mirafiore, Gastone, was forced to sell his properties at auction in the 1930s.
- After a long period dedicated to mainstream wine production, in 2007 the vineyards and the brand were acquired by Oscar Farinetti, with the aim of revitalizing the old splendor of Mirafiore.
- Mirafiore wines are appreciated for their elegance and approachability; smooth tannins, generous ripe fruit notes and well balanced acidity are the key features of these Barolos; ready to drink as much as to be aged.