The prestigious Ridolfi Estate is situated in the heart of Montalcino. It rises on the slope of a hill in the very heart of Tuscany near the famous “Brunello Road”. All the Ridolfi vineyards are on the Northeast slope of the Montalcino hill.
- 47 acres of vineyards
- Elevation: around 300 m above sea level
- Soil: clay-ish soil yields elegant, concentrated and age-worthy wines
- Cultivation method: Guyot training system is used to have smaller and loosen bunches of Sangiovese
- Great respect for the land: organic practices such as cultivation under the rows to manage weeds and cover crops to enhance soil structure and organic matter.
- Highest quality of grapes is guaranteed: The bunches are thinned three times throughout the season – during the setting phase, the veraison phase and at the end of the ripening phase.
- High-tech & human touch: All the grapes are picked by hand and selected firstly in the vineyard and then in the cellar on a roller table after being destemmed by the use of an optical sorting machine.
- Integral vinification: Whole berries undergo cold soak, alcoholic fermentation and maturation in the same specially designed barrel. Extremely high quality grapes enable maceration up to 70 days. Unique batonnage technique by barrel rotation is carried out 8 times per day during the maceration process.