Since its founding, in 1899, Sella & Mosca has had the same objective: to express the richness and variety of the Sardinian land in a unique and contemporary way. Its name enshrines and preserves the spirit of its founders, Erminio Sella & Edgardo Mosca. The winery has been part of the Terra Moretti Vino project since 2017.
- A cutting-edge equipment wine cellar is located in the middle of a single body estate of more than 600 hectares; Sella & Mosca looks like a natural oasis where the land, precious natural drinking water springs, and the coastal seaside tell the unique history of a culture and an entire region.
- 550 hectares of vineyards in the main property in Alghero (north); 21 hectares between Gallura, to produce the Vermentino di Gallura Docg (northeast), and Sulcis (southwest) to produce Carignano del Sulcis Docg.
- Sella & Mosca was born as a paramount and unique wine project where to grow the vine breeds post-philoxera and reinplant them in Europe.
- Cultivation is natural: every single clod of earth is treated with certified organic methods.
- Tradition has always been intertwined with innovation and research; indigenous varieties like Cannonau, Torbato, Vermentino, and Carignano cohabit with international varietals such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and merlot.
- The Sella & Mosca logo represents five Egyptian peasants in the act of squeezing grapes; with the recent restyling, this antique representation has been enhanced to reaffirm Sardinia’s wine making pride with more magnificence.
- Weather is extremely poor in rainfalls in the area, yet Sella & Mosca has always been a pioneer in engineering irrigations plants which guarantee the best results even in the worst vintages, benefitting especially the aromas and elegance in white grape varieties.
- Sella & Mosca for decades played a key economic and social role in Sardinia.