Anselmi is a family business located in Monteforte d’Alpone, in the province of Verona.
The owner Roberto Anselmi decided to go back to the family business in 1975. He had a dream: to repurchase those vineyards that his grandfather had cultivated for 25 years and lost in 1945 because of WWII.
- Today, Anselmi cultivates 70 hectares of vineyards, more than half of them owned by the family.
- The vineyards are planted in the traditional Soave areas: Monteforte, Soave, Foscarino and Zoppega on high hills exposed to south.
- Calcareous volcanic soil, rich in limestone.
- Garganega is the main grape variety cultivated, along with some aromatic vines.
- Great importance is given to viticulture here: the Guyot cultivation method has substituted the traditional pergola, to lower yields. A meticulous selection of the grapes in the vineyard ensures a more aromatic and fruitier wine, more complex and age-worthy.
- Technology is another important focus for Anselmi: the winery is in constant evolution and equipped with state-of-the-art technology, some of it engineered and patented by Mr Anselmi himself.
- Roberto Anselmi was able to put his unconventional vision and skills into a project that some describe as “The Soave Revolution”.