All the way from Garda Lake: Welcome Cà dei Frati
September 18, 2019
We are very proud to announce that Cà dei Frati exclusively joins our USA portfolio. Family owned by the Dal Cero family since 1939, Cà dei Frati has been the leading producer of Lugana wines. The 200-hectare Cà dei Frati property is located in Sirmione, surrounded by the Mediterranean Lake Garda and the Dolomites mountains in the North. The grapes benefit from the moderating climate combination of their location.
The Cà dei Frati US portfolio features five wines:
- I Frati Lugana DOC: a flagship fresh white wine with a perfume of white flowers, peaches and ripe lemons
- Brolettino Lugana DOC: The aged version of Lugana – in oak for a few months, soft and elegant with hints of ripe fruits and rose petals
- Rosa dei Frati Riviera del Garda Classico DOC: a delicate rosé with tantalizing aromas and a refreshing, thirst quenching character
- Ronchedone Vino Rosso: balanced with round tannins and a freshness on the finish which is typical of the area
- Pietro dal Cero Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG: a fantastic body and acidity, remarkable mineral elegance, and prominent yet supple tannins
And there is more about this big launch: we will open three Cà dei Frati pop-up bars in the Eataly stores in Chicago, New York City, and Los Angeles in October. More info coming soon, stay tuned!
James Suckling 99 points to Fattoria Le Pupille 2019 Saffredi.
October 6, 2021
Wine Enthusiast nominates Villa Sparina as its “European Winery of 2021” award!
October 8, 2021
Industry News, Wineries
War in Prosecco? New York Times reports on battle to protect Prosecco from imitators.
Prosecco producers are fighting Croatia's request that to allow Croatian winemakers to sell a wine called "Prosek" beyond their borders.
October 5, 2021
Ethica Wines welcomes new partner, Antica Quercia, producer of top organic Prosecco
Ethica Wines is pleased to welcome its new partner, Antica Quercia, an organic grape farmer and progressive winemaker focused on wines that reflect the traditions and celebrate the flavors of organic Prosecco country.
June 7, 2021