Ca' dei Frati
Ca’ dei Frati estate was named after “the house of the friars” and is property of the Dal Cero family since 1939. Today, they are a leading Lugana producer very well-known, offering the highst quality of the terroir.
- 200 hectares (495 acres) of vineyards, accounting to 10% of all the DOC Lugana area
- Vineyards are located in Sirmione, Lombardy, in the southern part of Lake Garda: they lie in an amphitheater of morainic hills formed in the southern part of Lake Garda by the retreat of glaciers
- Climate: The “Pelér” wind blows from Riva del Garda from north to south, generating temperature ranges that enable grapes to be grown with great minerality.
- Soil composition: limestone – clay, limy and sandy
- 10 to 35-year-old vines and separate vinification of the grapes
- The wines show a great minerality with low sulphites and a balanced acidity
- Iconic Packaging recalling the elegant lifestyle of Sirmione.
- In 1969, Dal Cero family helped develop the Lugana DOC designation
- Recently, Ca dei Frati expanded their vineyards with the acquisition of the Luxinum vineyards in Valpolicella.